Did you know that supermodel and current Bellyitch Bumpwatch mom-to-be Gisele Bundchen has a blog that is dedicated to sharing posts and information for being friendly to Mother earth? Yup! Bundchen is the United Nations Environment Program's Goodwill ambassador for promoting a green economy! In a recent posting, she and the bloggers that contribute to the site shared these tips for energy conservation:
- Keep the fridge away from the stove, otherwise it will spend more energy to compensate for the heat transmitted by the stove.
- Iron clothes all at once, using the indicated temperature for each kind of fabric.
- Replace your incandescent bulbs for fluorescent or LED, which are more efficient, durable and economical.
- Turn off the shower while soaping the body or washing your hair.
- When cooking, remove all the ingredients from the refrigerator at once.
- Turn off your computer at lunchtime.
- Avoid light bulbs during the day. To brig natural light to the house, open the windows and enjoy the daylight as much as possible.
Do it! Go Green!
more from Gisele: