Saturday, April 25, 2015
VH1.com assembled a list of reality TV stars who were relatively unknown before and were able to parlay their appearances on docu series and become business moguls. Moms dominated the list which included many current and past Bellyitch Bumpwatch moms!
Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girl major distribution and buyout deal, Snooki's New York Times Best seller appearances, Kristin Cavallari's shoe line and subsequent E! TV hosting show and of course Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with all their Kardashian gold!
It left of the dozens or so who have launched websites, clothing, shoes and make up lines, books and videos. We're thinking, Phaedra Parks with her multiple ventures like exercise DVDs and all the other housewives from various series, VH1 own's Love and Hip Hop stars Rasheeda and Yandy Smith, and several others who have clothing companies.
But still, that says a lot about the hustle of moms who were relatively unknown before and managed to use their stardom on a TV show and parlay that into lucrative business ventures for their families.
Yay moms! Happy Mother's Day!
check out its complete list HERE!
Friday, April 24, 2015
A woman who used a turkey baster to impregnate herself is on the losing side of a legal battle over parental rights.
The Virginia Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday that the child’s biological father is more than a sperm donor and is entitled to be a part of his son’s life.
The case hinged on an informal agreement between two longtime friends: a woman who wanted to get pregnant and a man willing to supply the sperm to make it happen.
According to court filings, Joyce Rosemary Bruce impregnated herself with a turkey baster, believing that Robert Preston Boardwine would not have any parental rights — including a say in the boy’s education and other decisions — because they did not have intercourse.
The appeals court said she was wrong.
“The path to fatherhood may have been unconventional,” the court said, but it doesn’t remove Boardwine’s parental rights.
|Controversial Instagram photo of Elisha Wilson Beach, wife of actor Michael Beach|
We know that there are times when people might want to share nude images that are artistic or creative in nature, but for a variety of reasons, we don’t allow nudity on Instagram. This includes photos, videos, and some digitally-created content that show sexual intercourse, genitals, and close-ups of fully-nude buttocks. It also includes some photos of female nipples, but photos of post-mastectomy scarring and women actively breastfeeding are allowed. Nudity in photos of paintings and sculptures is OK, too.
We want to foster a positive, diverse community. We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages.Woo hoo!!! Victory!!
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Hey 90s babies, if you haven't already heard, Full House is coming back. Actor James Stamos broke the news Monday night on Jimmy Kimmel Live! that Netflix is reviving the old hit comedy series to center around a grown up DJ Tanner and her life as a widow, raising a family of three boys. It will start as an hour spin-off reunion show and then spin off into a 13-episode series, Stamos revealed.
In light of the exciting news for us that Full House is coming back, take this quiz and find out which member of the cast are you?
One of my favorite bags is this vinyl sporty bag I picked up from somewhere years ago and always return to time and time again. It's great for the gym or quick trips to the market.
A couple of weeks ago, I took my kids to a science museum during Spring break and balanced out a black and white palette with a bright Coach Cross Body bag I got from Marshall's last season.
And more recently, I spotted this leather fringed cross body bag with gold hardware which mixes the fringe trend with the messenger style bag trend.
Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 12 and as it is getting down to the wire, some may be racking their brains looking for ideas and suggestions on what to get mom, or the mom-to-be in their lives. Here are 10 simple and mainly free or inexpensive ideas Kiplinger's offers to consider.
- Do-nothing day—plenty of moms would love to spend a day not having to lift a finger or spend the day doing just what they want to do. So give your mom a card that tells her she is entitled to a day off—and be sure to honor it!
- Spa day—many spas offer Mother’s Day specials for massages and other services, so call around to find the best deal.
- A clean car—Mom’s car can get downright disgusting after shuttling kids around all the time. So grab the kids and have them help you wash the car.
- Customized necklace—May isn’t a good month to buy jewelry because stores often hike prices in anticipation of Mother’s Day. However, you can find affordable necklaces with charms that can be engraved with children’s names online at Etsy.com.
- Photo mug—plenty of companies create mugs with photos on them for about $11. This gift is ideal for grandmothers who appreciate a creative way to show off pictures of the grandkids.
- Plants and flowers for the yard—rather than a bouquet, buy a potted plant, flowering bush or tree that will last for years. Or let Mom buy plants for the garden and then plant them for her.
- Photo album—most of our photos are now digital and we rarely print them out. So print out your pictures, put them in an album and let mom enjoy looking at them the old-fashioned way.
- A clean house—give Mom a break from her daily chores and do them for her (the way she would want them done). Wash the dishes, do the laundry, sweep the floors and make the beds.
- Frame the kids’ art—Moms will surely get a few pieces of handcrafted art from the kids for Mother’s Day. Make it easy for her to display and store them with a frame that lets you do both!
- Make a donation in Mom’s name—for the Mom that already has everything, make a donation in her name to her favorite charity or motherhood-related organization.
- Bonus idea—Take the time to sit down with your mom and ask her to share family stories that you can record or write down in a journal that can be shared with other family members.
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
We've said it before but with Evan's looks and Simpson's chin cleft, that baby is bound to look like Michael Jackson, at least the version from the "Bad" album cover. Ha!